This is a FREE CPD certified module. Just add to basket, check out for free and we’ll send it to you!
This module is aimed at district and community nurses, nurse practitioners, practice nurses and nurses who work in nursing and residential care homes, but may be suitable for anyone dealing with older patients. By Sara Burr, Community Dermatology Specialist Nurse, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust.
The learning objectives for this module are to:
- Understand more about the changes to ageing skin including the impact on skin health and common dry skin conditions in older people
- Gain practical knowledge on Complete Emollient Therapy (CET) including application tips for older peopl
- Increase confidence in advising patients on emollient choice
- Understand when to refer a patient with a dry skin condition
- Understand the importance of maintaining and repairing the skin barrier in order to maintain healthy skin
This module contains an estimated 1 hour of educational content, which can be included as part of your personal development and learning plan.